Our Promise to You
The satisfaction and enjoyment of your holiday is extremely important to us. We promise to be helpful, fair and reasonable at all times, to provide full and accurate information and to keep you informed of any changes as soon as we are aware of them.
These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us. By confirming your booking with us, whether in writing, by email, telephone or verbally, then you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
Information Required at the Time of Booking
We will ask you for the following information at the time of booking: Names of all members of the party and ages of any children, address, telephone number, dates of stay, type of booking package required, and any special requirements or requests. On acceptance of a booking we will send you a written confirmation of your reservation.
Please note that the person making the booking is considered to be the Lead Person and is responsible for ensuring that all information is correct and accurate to the best of their knowledge. The Lead Person is to ensure that the persons on the booking form are the only people arriving for your holiday with us.
Deposits and Balance Payments
We will ask for a deposit at the time of booking. The amount of deposit payable may vary according to the type of accommodation / package / duration being booked: All prices are given in Euros and payment is to be made in Euros into our French bank account (details will be provided at the time of booking).
- A minimum deposit of €240 for Gite booking only or €420 for Gite & Lake Exclusive is required to confirm your booking.
- Any deposits paid are not refundable
- Payment by Bank Transfer (BACS) in Euros into our French bank account.
- The deposit must be received within 7 days of your booking request and is non-refundable.
- If the deposit is not received within 7 days, we will consider the booking as cancelled.
- Your deposit is treated as a partial pre-payment of your holiday. The balance payment is due 10 weeks before the start of your holiday.
- If full payment is not received by us on or before the due day, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-advertise the week(s) as available.
- If the booking is made within 10 weeks of arrival, full payment is required in order to confirm the booking.
- Any payments made to us on or after arrival (eg for food package, hot tub or fishing bait) can only be accepted in Euros by cash.
- The security/breakages deposit is €200 for each rental week and is payable with the balance payment. Any breakages, damage or loss caused to the property or its contents during the rental period may result in the forfeit of some or all of the security deposit.
- We ask that the accommodation is left in a clean and tidy condition on departure, otherwise a reasonable cleaning charge will be applied and be deducted from your security/breakages deposit. However, the sum reserved by this clause does not exceed your liability to us.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Gite and therefore these terms include any deep cleaning necessary to remove odours in the event of smoking in the Gite.
- The security deposit will be returned by bank transfer, subject to the conditions above, within 2 weeks following the end of your holiday with us. Any proposed charges will be notified prior to deduction.
- Please report any breakages so that we can replace the damaged item(s). We do not charge for small breakages such as a plate or a glass. More serious breakages may affect your security/breakages deposit as above.
Please note that smoking is strictly prohibited in any of the buildings at Les Ravalières. You may smoke in the garden or on the terrace and we would ask you to dispose of cigarette ends and matches responsibly in the receptacles provided.
Arrival and Departure
Please see our website for details of how to find us. If you require any more information please do not hesitate to contact us. Guests are welcome to arrive after 16.00 hrs unless agreed otherwise in writing prior to the start of the holiday. If you arrive earlier then it is possible that your accommodation may not yet be ready for you. If you expect to arrive after 20.00 hrs then we would ask that you keep us informed as to your likely arrival time. We ask you to vacate your accommodation by 10.00 hrs on the day of departure. The house must be left in a clean, tidy and undamaged condition on the day of departure.
Occupation of Accommodation
For insurance purposes, only the people named when the booking is made will be allowed to occupy the Gite accommodation. No additional people can be accommodated unless agreed with us prior to your arrival. Additional guests arriving on site to those already pre-booked will not be allowed to stay.
Late Arrival or Curtailment of your Holiday
If you should arrive later than your confirmed arrival date or decide to depart earlier than your booked departure date for any reason then no refund of the booked rental charge will be payable.
Cancellation by You
By making a booking with us you have entered into a binding contract. If you have booked via a third party booking site, then the cancellation terms advertised on that site will apply. For all other cancellations, or if you fail to arrive as booked the following will apply:
- Any deposits paid to us are not refundable
- All refunds stated below are liable to a €50 administration fee
- Start date is from Saturday to Saturday (unless agreed otherwise in writing)
- Cancel up to 11 weeks before start date – We will refund your balance payment in full
- Cancel up to 10 weeks before start date – We will refund 90% of your balance payment
- Cancel up to 8 weeks before start date – We will refund 70% of your balance payment
- Cancel up to 7 weeks before start date – We will refund 60% of your balance payment
- Cancel up to 6 weeks before start date – We will refund 50% of your balance payment
- Cancel up to 5 weeks before start date – No refund given
Cancellation by Us
We are not liable for any temporary defect, disruption or stoppage in the supply of local public services such as water and electricity supplies, or any loss, damage or injury which is caused as a result of circumstances entirely beyond our control such as hostilities, civil unrest, natural disaster or adverse weather conditions.
However, in the unlikely event of a ‘force majeure’ occurrence as stated above, or as a result of a major operational issue which cannot be quickly fixed (eg loss of power, water, sewage) or a request from the ADEME, we may be forced into temporarily closing at short notice. If this is ever necessary the following terms and conditions will apply:
- All guests who are asked and required to leave early from Les Ravalières will receive a pro-rata refund for the nights remaining including the day which they are asked to leave on (eg if guests are asked to leave on a Wednesday at 16.00 hrs then they will receive a refund for Wednesday night). In this event we shall do our best to find you suitable alternative accommodation, but the limit of our liability would be the cost of your booking with us.
- This does not include the cost of any travel arrangements. You would have to make any claims for pre-paid travel arrangements direct with the operators concerned or their agents
- We will also seek to invite guests back to Les Ravalières at a later date on a discounted rate basis.
- Guests who have yet to arrive and would be adversely affected by the major operational issue at Les Ravalières, will be contacted by us as soon as possible to advise of the situation and outlook. If a decision is taken to cancel your holiday then guests will receive a full refund and invited to re-book on a discounted rate basis.
All travel arrangements to and from Les Ravalières are your responsibility. We do not accept any responsibility for any disruption to your travel arrangements.
Gite Rental Only
Rental booking of the Gite only does not gives right of access to the Lake and surrounding areas.
Please note that if the hot tub has been used in the previous booking then due to cleaning and refilling/reheating, it may not be available until later on the day of your arrival. Should you decide you require use of the hot tub but have not booked it, we would require 24 hours notice to prepare and the charge would be €50. It is required that you shower prior to using the hot tub. Safety and usage instructions are displayed and should be adhered to. Sun tan lotion lotion is not to be worn in the hot tub as it discolours the water and blocks the filters. We will apply an additional charge if the water needs to be changed during the week Smoking is not allowed in the hot tub.
Quiet Hours Policy
For the enjoyment of all guests we ask that noise levels are kept to a minimum between the hours of 23.00 hrs and 08.00 hrs. Noisy parties and events are not permitted.
We are happy to accept well behaved, friendly dogs on site. We have a dog at Les Ravalières so understand they are a part of your family too. Dogs must be kept under control and poop picked up. Dogs are not allowed on the beds and furniture, your security deposit could be retained and further charges made if bedding or furniture is damaged/soiled or further cleaning is required. Please bring their bedding with you. Dogs must not be left unattended in the Gite.
Use of Gardens / Ball Games
For the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all users, ball games such as football and similar team games are not allowed in the grounds. There is a park 5 minutes away in the village of Cossé-le-Vivien that you are welcome to use. Small games such as boules, skittles and similar are allowed.
Please be aware that we have gravel paths from the parking area to the entrance to the Gite. In common with most French properties of this type, the stairs are fairly steep and reasonably narrow. All bedrooms are at first floor level. There is a shower room and toilet on the ground floor, and a shower room and toilet on the first floor.
Health & Safety
- We operate a strict no smoking policy within the Gite.
- As well as offering Gite rental, Les Ravalières is also a fishing venue and guests bringing children under the age of 16 do so at their own risk. They should be supervised at all times by a responsible adult
We strongly recommend that the guest takes out holiday insurance to cover unavoidable cancellation, incident, injury or illness. We also advise that guests take out additional breakdown and motor insurance. Don’t forget your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) which gives you the right to access the French healthcare system – as of January 2020 this may be subject to change so please check.
Lake Rules (for fishing guests)
All guests must follow our lake rules which can be found here.
Complaints and Feedback
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of your accommodation or our service, then this should be brought to our attention at the time the problem arises or within 24 hours at the latest. We will do everything we reasonably can to rectify the matter for you or provide a reasonable alternative. We cannot entertain any complaints after you have returned home if the issue has not been brought to our attention at the time of your stay. We welcome all feedback and suggestions for possible improvements.
Your Responsibility / Liability
- You should carefully check all correspondence supplied by us relating to your holiday booking. If any errors or omissions are discovered, then you should contact us immediately. We cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions not brought to our attention at the time of booking / confirmation.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party act in a responsible manner and do not do anything that could endanger the health or safety of themselves or others.
- All children in your care must be properly supervised at all times whilst on the property and must not be left unattended / unsupervised. Children should not be allowed to play in the storage areas where tools and machinery are stored or near the Lake.
- Climbing of trees is strictly prohibited and you accept responsibility for any injuries resulting from this.
- You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party, whether to our property or the property of other guests staying on the site. Full payment for any such damage or loss (including lost keys) must be paid for prior to departure.
- All members of your party should act in a respectful manner to all other users of the property and not cause undue noise or disruption that may affect the enjoyment of others.
- All vehicles and their contents, personal property and belongings are brought onto the property entirely at your own risk. You are responsible for taking care of your belongings and adequately storing / securing your property if it is left unattended. We recommend that you have valid insurance cover appropriate to the nature and value of the property being brought onsite or left in vehicles. If your property is not insured then it is entirely at your own risk.
- We recommend that you have adequate travel insurance to cover any cancellation, losses, personal liability, health, travel disruptions etc.
Limits of Liability
We do all we can to ensure a safe, pleasant and comfortable environment for your holiday. We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description which may result from:
- Disruption of travel arrangements to and from Les Ravalières are your responsibility. We do not accept any responsibility for any disruption to your travel arrangements.
- The acts or omissions of any member of your party or of any third party.
- Circumstances which were unforeseeable, unavoidable or beyond our control, including force majeure (as above).
- The unauthorised use of equipment, Lake and surrounding areas including the climbing of trees.
Important Information Regarding our Drainage and Waste Disposal System
Being a rural property we are not on mains drainage. We have a septic tank system to treat our sewerage and waste water. This is an organic system which can be very easily damaged by strong chemicals such as bleach. For this reason, no chemicals should be flushed into our system other than those provided by us. We must insist that nothing (including sanitary products and wet wipes) is flushed down any toilet, sink or drain that could block or damage the system. If you are in any doubt please check with us. It is a condition of booking with us that you comply with this request. For your convenience we supply suitable cleaning materials in the Gite.
Information given when making your booking is stored on our database and is not available to any third party. We may use this information to contact you in the future. If you wish your details to be removed from our database at any time please let us know.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to change and alteration from time to time. E&OE.
Les Ravalières, 53400 Livré-la-Touche, France
Tel: 0033 2 43 64 90 97
V.2 – Mar2020